Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why does this blog exist?

What is the purpose of this blog?  What are my goals? 

That is a good question to define as one starts something new like this. 

A blog is a web-log, that is, it records the thoughts of its creator that he or she wants to share with others.  There are probably as many purposes for blogs as there are blogs out there, yet I recently searched specifically for blogs that talked about people’s actual conversations about & attempts to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I found that there are not many blogs out there in the blogosphere that fit this description.  There are blogs about the subject of evangelism/ witnessing/ defending the faith, many blogs about ministry, but not many that actually blog about real conversations with real people about the real gospel, though there are a handful (here, here, here, here, & here).    So I thought I would carve out my niche & contribute to this neglected area of the blogosphere. 

So is the purpose of this blog? 
Simply put, this blog will record recent conversations with people in Calgary about their spiritual beliefs & interactions with the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ & His kingdom, as well as random thoughts about the task of evangelizing such a great city. 
I have a few goals as well.  What are my goals?  There are at least seven goals that I hope to accomplish by starting this blog, Good News for Calgary! 
  • To Obey
  • To Pray
  • To Learn
  • To Teach
  • To Model
  • To Report
  • To Encourage
I will blog about them in the coming weeks.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave any comments or suggestions. Anonymous posts--well, they will go where all anonymous posts go. Thanks for stopping by.